The attorneys of Titus Brueckner Spitler & Shelts PLC are among Arizona’s most recognized real estate professionals. Three of our attorneys are past Chairs of the Real Property Section of the State Bar of Arizona, and our attorneys have often been listed as Super Lawyers in the area of real estate. We represent builders, developers, lenders, investors, landbankers, general contractors and subcontractors, land owners, and joint venture partners in some of the largest real estate and development transactions in the state and beyond. Our clients range from individuals to national builders and international real estate investment funds.
Real Estate Law
We offer diverse expertise in all types of real estate transactions, from complex, multi-million dollar deals to simple lease negotiations. We routinely handle matters from acquisition and finance through development and disposition. We have the breadth of real estate experience to see the big picture and address each detail, all while providing unmatched legal service and value to our clients.
- We regularly represent several of the largest private and public developers and homebuilders with respect to all of their acquisition, disposition, entitlement, due diligence, contracting, and related needs, including the development of some of the largest Master Planned Communities in Arizona.
- Members of our firm negotiate loan documents on behalf of lenders and borrowers in real estate financing transactions, REO and OREO sales, loan restructures and workouts, foreclosures, forbearance agreements, and modifications.
- We assist multiple national and international funds and investors in acquiring portfolios of commercial office buildings and complexes, including multi-family, resort and hospitality, retail shopping centers, industrial building, and other properties.
- We negotiate and document commercial leases on behalf of property owners, businesses, and franchises throughout Arizona, including ground leases, build-to-suit leases, leasehold financing, sale-leaseback transactions and general space leases.
- We have experience in dealing with zoning, land use, environmental and water law, and state and federal registration issues on behalf of lenders, individuals, and entities.
- We represent clients in the acquisition, development, operation, and divestiture of private, semi-private and public golf clubs and country clubs throughout Arizona.
- We form, and counsel our clients with respect to the implications of, homeowners’ associations, condominium associations, community facilities districts, and related issues.
We routinely represent clients in the construction industry including construction companies, developers, homebuilders, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and owners. We work with our construction clients throughout the lifecycle of their projects, including pre-project planning and structuring, entity formation, contract negotiation, construction, disposition, removal of mechanics’ liens, dispute resolution, and litigation.
Our attorneys have a broad range of construction law experience. For example, we regularly negotiate and prepare joint construction and development agreements between developers, homebuilders, and local governmental entities regarding the construction and installation of infrastructure and utilities. We also counsel our clients with regard to construction contracts, mechanics’ and other liens, subcontractor agreements, Registrar of Contractors complaints and filings, Prompt Pay Act issues, construction defect litigation, and government and municipal contracts.